Joella Folk, DC, LM, CACCP
Dr. Joella is a chiropractor and licensed midwife. She specializes in pregnancy and pediatric chiropractic care, holistic prenatal and postpartum care, and home birth. She is a member of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association, Midwives Alliance of North America, Midwives Association of Washington State and Washington Alliance for Responsible Midwifery. She contributes to research regarding midwifery care as well as maternity and pediatric chiropractic care. Her passion is supporting and educating women through pregnancy to ensure the most optimal birth outcome and increase skills to help raise healthy families.
She lives in Port Orchard with her two boys. When not in her office or assisting childbirth, she can usually be found reading, traveling, homeschooling, gardening, or fueling her ever-increasing desire to learn more.
- Professional training for Arvigo Techniques of Mayan Abdominal Therapy™, 2015
- Certification in Dynamic Body Balancing, a dynamic fusion of craniosacral and myofascial unwinding, 2014
- Associates in Midwifery, Midwives College of Utah, 2014
- Clinical midwifery training, Kitsap county, WA and Port Vila, Vanuatu, 2011-2014
- Certification with the Academy of Chiropractic Family Practice and the council on Chiropractic Pediatrics, 2008
- Fellowship with International Chiropractic Pediatric Association, 2005
- Doctorate of Chiropractic, Life Chiropractic College West, 2005
- Recipient of the Clinical Excellence Award, Life Chiropractic College West, 2005
- Recipient of the Salutatorian Award, Life Chiropractic College West, 2005
- Recipient of Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities, 2002-2003 and 2003-2004
- Webster Technique certified, 2002
- Bachelor's of Arts in Human Development, Washington State University, 2000